What are Titanium Implants?
Titanium implants create a natural-looking, permanent solution for missing teeth. These metals posts are carefully installed into your jawbone to act as a replacement structure to anchor missing teeth. As your jawbone heels, bone-forming cells create a sturdy, permanent structure for the replacement tooth. This process is called osseointegration. After about 3 to 6 months, an abutment is fitted to the top of the implant to connect a perfectly-matched replacement tooth.
Titanium implants are the gold standard for a permanent dental implant. Since it is a non-toxic metal that is biocompatible, you can trust that these long-term implants will give you a gorgeous smile for years to come.
Are Titanium Implants Safe?
Titanium is a metal that has been proven to be compatible with natural body tissues. When your body is healing, titanium bonds with your bone to create a strong, secure foundation to which crowns or full dentures can be attached. In fact, today's modern day titanium implants were developed through an accidental discovery in which this metal was placed next to a bone, and the two formed together. Several studies have proven that titanium is safe and effective to use in your mouth since the biocompatible material is easily accepted by the human body. Dr. Matian at Northridge.Dental has seen the benefit of this system, and, as such, has been providing some of the highest quality titanium dental implants Northridge & Woodland Hills have to offer.
What are the benefits of Titanium Implants?
While some patients only require a simple crown or even dentures to repair their damaged teeth, having permanent titanium implants installed comes with several benefits. Some of these advantages include:
- Appearing and feeling natural
- Maintaining the structure of the bone beneath replaced teeth
- No removing fake teeth for cleaning, as implants are permanent
- No difficulties eating
- No difficulties cleaning
- No special glues to keep false teeth in place
Are Titanium Implants Right for Me?
If you have a missing tooth, you may consider getting titanium implants for several reasons. While they restore the cosmetic look of your smile, dental implants can also:
- Improve your overall oral health
- Make eating and speaking more comfortable
- Increase self-esteem
To determine if a titanium implant procedure is right for you, you must have the following qualifications:
- Over 18 years of age
- Healthy gums, including no untreated tooth decay or active gum disease
- Enough bone to support the implant
- Commitment to maintain all follow-up visits
- Commitment to practicing the best oral hygiene, including plaque control
- No health issues like uncontrolled diabetes, blood clotting disorders, specific bone diseases, immune deficiencies, smoking, or other conditions
To find out more, make an appointment with Northridge.Dental today. We can discuss the various treatment options available and what a titanium implant will look like when complete. We offer our patients a range of the most modern dental treatments available, including titanium implants.